Two public meetings on possible 2019-20 hunting season changes that were postponed due to the recent winter storms have been rescheduled.
The Iowa DNR has rescheduled its Algona and Sac City meetings. The postponed Algona meeting will now be on March 5 at Waters Edge Nature Center near Algona. The Sac City meeting will be March 7 at the Sac County Conservation Center at Hagge Park near Sac City. Both meetings will begin at 7 p.m.
DNR staff wants to listen to what the public thinks about last year's hunting seasons and also review potential rule changes for the coming hunting seasons.
The meetings are open to the public, and replace a statewide ICN Network meeting held in previous years. Comments collected from these meetings will be considered along with other public comments received by the DNR prior to it proposing changes to hunting rules and regulations. Proposed rules will be presented to the Natural Resource Commission during its regular monthly public meetings this spring.
Updated Meeting Information
All meetings begin at 7 p.m. unless otherwise noted below.
- Council Bluffs, Feb. 26, Fish and Game Club, 531 Commanche Street
- Okoboji, Feb. 26, 6:30 p.m., Dickinson County Nature Center, 22785 Nature Center Road
- Des Moines, Feb. 26, Des Moines Izaak Walton League, 4343 George Flagg Pkwy
- Jefferson, Feb. 27, The Jefferson Depot, 509 East Lincoln Way
- Iowa City, Feb. 27, ISU Extension Office, 3109 Old Hwy. 218 South
- Dubuque, Feb. 27, Swiss Valley Nature Center
- DeWitt, Feb. 28, DeWitt Community Center, 512 10th Street
- Salix, Feb. 28, Lakeport Gun Club, 3089 Calhoun Avenue
- Algona, March 5, Waters Edge Nature Center, 1010 250th Street
- Sac City, March 7, Sac County Conservation Center at Hagge Park, 2970 280th Street
- Toledo, March 7, Tama County Nature Center, Otter Creek Lake Park, 2283 Park Road
- Decorah, March 7, Decorah City Hall, 400 Clairborne Drive