This unique webinar series will be held at 1:00 pm on the third Thursday of the month from November 2021 through April 2022. Crop marketing education will be delivered in small portions to facilitate learning along with updates on the current markets.
By registering you can choose to attend any or all of the webinars. Registrants will receive reminders for each webinar AND also be notified when the recording is available.
- Ed Kordick, IFBF Farmer Education Program Manager
Dates and Educational Topic:
- Nov. 18, 2021: Thinking you avoid storage costs when you sell grain and buy a call
- Dec. 16, 2021: Failure to understand and track your basis
- Jan. 20, 2022: The reluctance towards pre-harvest pricing
- Feb. 17, 2022: Lack of an exit strategy
- March 17, 2022: Holding grain in storage too long
- April 21, 2022: Five Common Mistakes in Grain Marketing: Wrap-up with Ed Usset
Each webinar will include:
- Educational topic from the “Five Common Mistakes in Grain Marketing”
- Plus corn and soybean market update (futures, cash, basis)
- Plus 2021-22 example marketing plan updates
An educational component in each webinar will be based on one of the “Five Common Mistakes in Grain Marketing” successful presentation developed by The Center for Farm Financial Management at the University of Minnesota. This presentation is based on the same format as the award-winning workshop “Winning the Game” crop marketing education. The series will use historical markets and common-sense risk management to illustrate how to avoid common mistakes. In addition, each of the first 5 webinars will include:
- a corn and soybean market update (futures, cash, basis)
- a review of 5 unique corn and soybeans marketing strategies with real markets in the 2021-22 Iowa Commodity Challenge market simulation.
Each of the first 5 webinars will be designed to be about 30 minutes in length and the finale (approximately 1 hour) on April 21, 2022, will feature Ed Usset, Grain Marketing Specialist at the University of Minnesota, as a speaker to wrap-up the series.
Click the button below to register for the live webinar series, receive reminder e-mails and also be notified when each recording is available.
In addition, you are invited to participate in the 2021-22 Iowa Commodity Challenge market simulation to learn with real markets and to watch how the 5 marketing strategies are performing with real markets.