Iowans can provide comments to the Iowa Department of Natural Resources on the 2019-2020 hunting seasons at a series of 18 public meetings around Iowa Feb. 20-March 7. The series of public meetings will replace the single Iowa Communications Network listening session held in late winter in recent years.
DNR staff will be at the public meetings to review the last year's hunting seasons, and discuss possible changes to this year's hunting rules and regulations. Comments collected from the meetings will be considered by the DNR when it establishes this year's hunting seasons.
“We want people to come out to these meetings, listen to the hunting seasons reviews, ask questions and hear directly from our staff,” says Todd Bishop, chief of the Iowa DNR’s Wildlife Bureau. “Part of the meeting will be devoted to discussing potential rule changes and collecting feedback as we work through the rules process.”
Proposed rules will be presented to the Natural Resource Commission during one of their regular monthly meetings this spring.
Meeting Locations, Dates
- Burlington, Feb. 20, 7 p.m., Starr’s Cave Nature Center, 11627 Starr’s Cave Road
- Dubuque, Feb. 20, 7 p.m., Swiss Valley Nature Center
- Ventura, Feb. 20, 7 p.m., Clear Lake Wildlife Unit headquarters, 15326 Balsam Ave.
- Bloomfield, Feb. 21, 7 p.m., Pioneer Ridge Nature Center, 1339 Hwy. 63
- Chariton, Feb. 21, 7 p.m., Pin Oak Lodge, 45996 Hwy. 14
- Creston, Feb. 21, 7 p.m., Multi-Purpose Room adjacent to the YMCA, Southwestern Community College
- Algona, Feb. 25, 7 p.m., Waters Edge Nature Center, 1010 250th Street
- Waverly, Feb. 25, 7 p.m., Waverly Public Library, 1500 W Bremer Avenue
- Sac City, Feb. 26, 7 p.m., Sac County Conservation Center at Hagge Park, 2970 280th Street
- Council Bluffs, Feb. 26, 7 p.m., Fish and Game Club, 531 Commanche Street
- Okoboji, Feb. 26, 6:30 p.m., Dickinson County Nature Center, 22785 Nature Center Road
- Des Moines, Feb. 26, 7 p.m., Des Moines Izaak Walton League, 4343 George Flagg Pkwy
- Jefferson, Feb. 27, 7 p.m., The Jefferson Depot, 509 East Lincoln Way
- Iowa City, Feb. 27, 7 p.m., ISU Extension Office, 3109 Old Hwy. 218 South
- DeWitt, Feb. 28, 7 p.m., DeWitt Community Center, 512 10th Street
- Salix, Feb. 28, 7 p.m., Lakeport Gun Club, 3089 Calhoun Avenue
- Toledo, March 7, 7 p.m., Tama County Nature Center, Otter Creek Lake Park, 2283 Park Road
- Decorah, March 7, 7 p.m., Decorah City Hall, 400 Clairborne Drive