The price of natural gasoline rose $.13 this week, closing at $2.57/MMbtu.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $.12 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $56.28.
- Brent crude oil rose $.63, and it is currently priced at $61.24.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $69.25 and Brent crude was at $78.22.
- As of Tuesday, September 10, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.40 across Iowa according to AAA.
- This is $.01 lower than last week and $.30 lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Tuesday was $2.57, holding steady at last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa were $.01 lower than last week’s price with a statewide average of $2.77.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $3.12 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is $.16 less than the national average of $2.93.
- Wholesale ethanol prices rose $.01 from last week’s price, currently at $1.33.
The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.72 for U87-E10, $1.99 for Unleaded 87 (clear), ULSD#2 is at $1.98, ULSD#1 is at $2.26, and E-70 is priced at $1.53 per gallon.
- ??Natural Gas prices rose $.13 at the Henry Hub reporting site and currently priced at $2.57/MMbtu.
- Continuing throughout the summer months, we will only report retail-heating oil and propane prices in Iowa once a month.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!