The price of regular unleaded gasoline was up 5 cents this week, averaging $3.09 across Iowa.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $2.34 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $79.87.
- Brent crude oil rose $1.57 and currently priced at $82.63.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $40.20 and Brent crude was at $41.34.
- As of Wednesday, October 13, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $3.09 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices were up 5 cents from last week’s price and $1.03 higher than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $3.29, up 7 cents from last week’s price.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.18 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 18 cents less than the national average of $3.50.
- Propane prices were up 8 cents with a statewide average of $2.00 per gallon.
- Home heating oil prices rose 5 cents, with a statewide average of $3.05 per gallon.
- Natural gas prices fell 44 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $5.42/MMbtu.