The price of Heating Oil rose 9 cents this week, currently at $1.91 per gallon.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $.45 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $45.22.
- Brent crude oil rose $.50 and currently priced at $48.06.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $55.96 and Brent crude was at $63.20.
- As of Wednesday, December 2, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.01 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices rose $.04 from last week’s price and $.36 lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Thursday was $2.16, up $.05 from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa rose $.04 this week with a statewide average of $2.27.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.85 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is $.16 less than the national average of $2.43.
- Wholesale ethanol fell $.07, currently at $1.34.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.21 for U87-E10, $1.32 for Unleaded 87 (clear), ULSD#2 is at $1.45, ULSD#1 is at $1.61, and E-70 priced at $1.36 per gallon.
- Propane prices were steady for a statewide average of $1.11 per gallon.
- Home heating oil was up $.09 from last week, ending with a statewide average of $1.91 per gallon.
- Natural Gas prices fell $.01 at the Henry Hub reporting site and currently priced at $2.87/MMbtu.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!