Average unleaded gasoline prices rose 9 cents across Iowa and are currently priced at $2.74.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil fell this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $1.20 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $61.80.
- Brent crude oil fell $2.50 and currently priced at $64.45.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $47.18 and Brent crude was at $52.24.
- As of Wednesday, March 3, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.74 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices were up 9 cents from last week’s price and 47 cents higher than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $2.74, up 8 cents from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa rose 11 cents this week with a statewide average of $2.95.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.64 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 1 cent less than the national average of $2.96.
- Wholesale ethanol rose 9 cents and is currently priced at $1.78.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.95 for U87-E10, $2.22 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $2.15 for ULSD#2, $2.40 for ULSD#1, and $1.91 per gallon for E-70 prices.
- Propane prices fell 12 cents with a statewide average of $1.99 per gallon.
- Home heating oil rose 17 cents from last week, ending with a statewide average of $2.54 per gallon.
- Natural gas prices fell 1 cent at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $2.83/MMbtu.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!