The price of ethanol rose 9 cents this week, currently at $1.21.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $1.50 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $39.48.
- Brent crude oil rose $1.32 and currently priced at $41.57.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $59.09 and Brent crude was at $65.10.
- As of Wednesday, July 1, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.10 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices rose $.02 from last week’s price and $.47 lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $2.18 up $.02 from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa were steady this week with a statewide average of $2.22.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.88 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is $.22 less than the national average of $2.44.
- Wholesale ethanol prices rose $.09, currently at $1.21.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.20 for U87-E10, $1.33 for Unleaded 87 (clear), ULSD#2 is at $1.25, ULSD#1 is at $1.40, and E-70 priced at $1.33 per gallon.
- Natural Gas prices rose $.01 at the Henry Hub reporting site and is currently priced at $1.69/MMbtu.
- Continuing throughout the summer months, we will only report retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa once a month.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!