The price of ethanol rose 14 cents this week, currently at $1.35.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $1.40 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $40.88.
- Brent crude oil rose $1.70 and currently priced at $43.27.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $57.66 and Brent crude was at $64.89.
- As of Wednesday, July 8, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.12 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices rose $.02 from last week’s price and $.44 lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $2.18, with no change from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa rose $.02 this week with a statewide average of $2.24.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.88 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is $.20 less than the national average of $2.44.
- Wholesale ethanol prices rose $.14, currently at $1.35.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.28 for U87-E10, $1.41 for Unleaded 87 (clear), ULSD#2 is at $1.29, ULSD#1 is at $1.44, and E-70 priced at $1.50 per gallon.
- Natural Gas prices rose $.13 at the Henry Hub reporting site and currently priced at $1.82/MMbtu.
- Continuing throughout the summer months, we will only report retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa once a month.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!