Regular Unleaded gasoline prices were up 3 cents across Iowa according to AAA.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $3.49 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $75.15.
- Brent crude oil rose $3.42 and currently priced at $76.51.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $40.29 and Brent crude was at $42.97.
- As of Wednesday, July 14, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $3.00 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices were up 3 cents from last week’s price and $.89 higher than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $3.15, up 1 cent from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa were up 1 cent this week with a statewide average of $3.11.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.23 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 15 cents less than the national average of $3.26.
- Wholesale ethanol fell 6 cents and is currently priced at $2.32.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $2.20 for U87-E10, $2.50 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $2.26 for ULSD#2, $2.42 for ULSD#1, and $2.28 per gallon for E-70 prices.
- Natural gas prices rose 18 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $3.71/MMbtu.
- Continuing throughout the summer months, we will only report retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa once a month.