Average unleaded gasoline prices rose 16 cents across Iowa and are currently priced at $2.65.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $2.63 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $63.00.
- Brent crude oil rose $3.16 and currently priced at $66.95.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $51.43 and Brent crude was at $56.71.
- As of Wednesday, Feb. 24, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.65 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices were up 16 cents from last week’s price and 33 cents higher than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $2.66, up 12 cents from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa rose 15 cents this week with a statewide average of $2.84.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.68 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 3 cents less than the national average of $2.87.
- Wholesale ethanol held steady and is currently priced at $1.69.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.90 for U87-E10, $2.11 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $2.05 for ULSD#2, $2.31 for ULSD#1, and $1.88 per gallon for E-70 prices.
- Propane prices rose 37 cents with a statewide average of $2.11 per gallon.
- Home heating oil rose 5 cents from last week, ending with a statewide average of $2.37 per gallon.
- Natural gas prices fell 26 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $2.84/MMbtu.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!