The average price of gasoline in Iowa fell 11 cents this week, currently at $1.64 per gallon.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $4.48 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $24.82.
- Brent crude oil rose $7.29 and currently priced at $32.43.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $64.40 and Brent crude was at $71.12.
- As of Wednesday, April 8, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $1.64 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices fell $.11 from last week’s price and $1.00 lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $1.91 down $.07 from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa fell $.06 this week with a statewide average of $2.28.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.96 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is $.28 less than the national average of $2.56.
- Wholesale ethanol prices rose $.02, currently at $0.87.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $0.27 for U87-E10, $0.39 for Unleaded 87 (clear), ULSD#2 is at $1.10, ULSD#1 is at $1.19, and E-70 priced at $.79 per gallon.
- Natural Gas prices rose $.22 at the Henry Hub reporting site and currently priced at $1.82/MMbtu.
- Continuing throughout the summer months, we will only report retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa once a month.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!