Fuel & Energy Price Update (Courtesy of the Iowa Department of Agriculture & Land Stewardship): Week of January 23
The price of regular unleaded gasoline rose 11 cents, averaging $3.33 across Iowa according to AAA.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil fell this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $.73 per barrel, currently priced at $81.01.
- Brent crude oil fell $.49 and is currently priced at $86.78.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $85.60 and Brent crude was at $89.49.
- As of Wednesday, January 25, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $3.33 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices rose 11 cents from last week’s price and 18 cents higher than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $3.48, up 12 cents from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa were up 9 cents this week with a statewide average of $4.30.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $3.48 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 36 cents less than the national average of $4.66.
- Wholesale ethanol held steady and is currently priced at $2.16.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $2.58 for U87-E10, $2.96 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $3.28 for ULSD#2, $4.01 for ULSD#1, and $2.42 per gallon for E-70 prices.
- Propane prices were steady with a statewide average of $1.94 per gallon.
- Home heating oil prices rose 17 cents, with a statewide average of $3.77 per gallon.
- Natural gas prices fell $.41 at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $2.96/MMbtu
Want more news on this topic? Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!