The price of Natural Gas fell 33 cents this week, currently at $2.53.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil fell this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $.53 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $39.53.
- Brent crude oil fell $1.04 and currently priced at $40.73.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $54.07 and Brent crude was at $60.99.
- As of Wednesday, September 30, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.09 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices fell $.01 from last week’s price and $.37 lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Thursday was $2.19, down $.01 from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa fell $.01 this week with a statewide average of $2.19.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.85 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is $.20 less than the national average of $2.39.
- Wholesale ethanol held steady at $1.29.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.29 for U87-E10, $1.38 for Unleaded 87 (clear), ULSD#2 is at $1.23, ULSD#1 is at $1.46, and E-70 priced at $1.44 per gallon.
- Natural Gas prices fell $.33 at the Henry Hub reporting site and currently priced at $2.53/MMbtu.
- Continuing throughout the summer months, we will only report retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa once a month.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!