The price of Natural Gas rose 85 cents this week, currently at $2.86.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil fell this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by 92 cents per barrel over last week, currently priced at $40.06.
- Brent crude oil fell $1.55 and currently priced at $41.77.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $57.29 and Brent crude was at $64.13.
- As of Thursday, Sept. 24, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.10 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices rose 1 cent from last week’s price and 41 cents lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Thursday was $2.20, up 2 cents from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa fell 1 cent this week with a statewide average of $2.20.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.87 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 20 cents less than the national average of $2.40.
- Wholesale ethanol held steady at $1.29.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.22 for U87-E10, $1.31 for Unleaded 87 (clear), ULSD#2 is at $1.20, ULSD#1 is at $1.39, and E-70 priced at $1.41 per gallon.
- Natural Gas prices rose 85 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and currently priced at $2.86/MMbtu.
- Continuing throughout the summer months, we will only report retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa once a month.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!