Natural gas prices fell 58 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $4.83/MMbtu.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil fell this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $.58 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $72.01.
- Brent crude oil rose $.36 and currently priced at $75.92.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $39.60 and Brent crude was at $40.84.
- As of Wednesday, September 22, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $3.00 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices held steady from last week’s price and $.90 higher than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $3.19, up 1 cent from last week’s price.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.20 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 18 cents less than the national average of $3.31.
- Natural gas prices fell 58 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $4.83/MMbtu.
- Continuing throughout the summer months, we will only report retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa once a month.