The price of Natural Gas fell 38 cents this week, currently at $2.01.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $2.88 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $40.98.
- Brent crude oil rose $2.62 and currently priced at $43.32.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $59.34 and Brent crude was at $65.59.
- As of Thursday, Sept. 17, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.09 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices fell 1 cent from last week’s price and 32 cents lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Thursday was $2.18, down 3 cents from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa fell 2 cents this week with a statewide average of $2.21.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.80 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 20 cents less than the national average of $2.41.
- Wholesale ethanol prices fell 2 cents at $1.29.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.25 for U87-E10, $1.36 for Unleaded 87 (clear), ULSD#2 is at $1.21, ULSD#1 is at $1.40, and E-70 priced at $1.44 per gallon.
- Natural Gas prices fell 38 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and currently priced at $2.01/MMbtu.
- Continuing throughout the summer months, we will only report retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa once a month.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!