Natural gas prices rose 53 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $5.41/MMbtu.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $3.29 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $72.59.
- Brent crude oil rose $2.96 and currently priced at $75.56.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $42.01 and Brent crude was at $39.54.
- As of Wednesday, September 15, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $3.00 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices held steady from last week’s price and $.92 higher than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $3.18, steady from last week’s price.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.21 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 19 cents less than the national average of $3.30.
- Propane prices fell 17 cents with a statewide average of $1.69 per gallon.
- Home heating oil fell 1 cent from last week, ending with a statewide average of $2.66 per gallon.
- Natural gas prices rose 53 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $5.41/MMbtu.