The price of wholesale ethanol rose $.06, currently priced at $1.46 per gallon.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $.83 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $53.19.
- Brent crude oil rose $1.35, and it is currently priced at $58.75.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $74.96 and Brent crude was at $85.16.
- As of Tuesday, October 8, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.42 across Iowa according to AAA.
- This is $.04 lower than last week and $.44 lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Tuesday was $2.65, down a penny from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa were $.01 lower than last week’s price with a statewide average of $2.84.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $3.27 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is $.16 less than the national average of $3.00.
- Wholesale ethanol prices rose $.06 from last week’s price, currently at $1.46.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.72 for U87-E10, $1.92 for Unleaded 87 (clear), ULSD#2 is at $1.98, ULSD#1 is at $2.26, and E-70 is priced at $1.65 per gallon.
- Propane prices were the same as last month for a statewide average of $1.12 per gallon.
- Home heating oil was down $.05 cents from last month, ending with a statewide average of $2.40 per gallon.
- Natural Gas prices rose $.02 at the Henry Hub reporting site and currently priced at $2.28/MMbtu.
Tips for saving energy on the road or at home are available at energy.gov and fueleconomy.gov.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!