The price of Ethanol rose nine cents this week, currently at $1.38.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $.06 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $39.59.
- Brent crude oil rose $.97 and currently priced at $41.70.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $52.75 and Brent crude was at $59.46.
- As of Wednesday, October 7, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.08 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices fell $.01 from last week’s price and $.34 lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $2.18, down $.01 from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa fell $.01 this week with a statewide average of $2.18.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.84 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is $.21 less than the national average of $2.39.
- Wholesale ethanol rose $.09, currently at $1.38.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.24 for U87-E10, $1.33 for Unleaded 87 (clear), ULSD#2 is at $1.21, ULSD#1 is at $1.49, and E-70 priced at $1.43 per gallon.
- Propane prices rose $.09 from last month for a statewide average of $1.06 per gallon.
- Home heating oil was up $.05 cents from last month, ending with a statewide average of $1.70 per gallon.
- Natural Gas prices rose $.04 at the Henry Hub reporting site and currently priced at $2.57/MMbtu.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!