The price of natural gas rose 36 cents this week, currently at $3.01/MMbtu.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil fell this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by 69 cents per barrel over last week, currently priced at $40.27.
- Brent crude oil fell $1.20 and is currently priced at $41.95.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $53.31 and Brent crude was at $58.95.
- As of Wednesday, Oct. 21, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.04 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices fell 3 cents from last week’s price and 39 cents lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $2.16, down 2 cents from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa fell 1 cent this week with a statewide average of $2.17.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.84 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 21 cents less than the national average of $2.38.
- Wholesale ethanol rose 3 cents and is currently priced at $1.45.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.20 for U87-E10, $1.29 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $1.26 for ULSD#2, $1.46 for ULSD#1, and E-70 is priced at $1.45 per gallon.
- Propane prices held steady for a statewide average of $1.08 per gallon.
- Home heating oil was up 1 cent from last week, ending with a statewide average of $1.73 per gallon.
- Natural Gas prices rose 36 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $3.01/MMbtu.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!