The price of regular unleaded gasoline was up 5 cents this week, averaging $3.14 across Iowa.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $1.91 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $81.78.
- Brent crude oil rose $1.55 and currently priced at $84.18.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $41.46 and Brent crude was at $41.62.
- As of Wednesday, October 20, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $3.14 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices were up 5 cents from last week’s price and $1.10 higher than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $3.36, up 7 cents from last week’s price.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.18 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 16 cents less than the national average of $3.57.
- Propane prices were up 1 cent with a statewide average of $2.01 per gallon.
- Home heating oil prices fell 1 cent, with a statewide average of $3.04 per gallon.
- Natural gas prices fell 34 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $5.08/MMbtu.