DES MOINES – The price of Natural gas rose 8 cents this week, currently at $2.65/MMbtu.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $1.37 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $40.96.
- Brent crude oil rose $1.45 and currently priced at $43.15.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $53.59 and Brent crude was at $58.81.
- As of Wednesday, October 14, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.07 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices fell $.01 from last week’s price and $.35 lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $2.18, steady from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa held steady this week with a statewide average of $2.18.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.85 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is $.20 less than the national average of $2.38.
- Wholesale ethanol rose $.04, currently at $1.42.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.19 for U87-E10, $1.28 for Unleaded 87 (clear), ULSD#2 is at $1.24, ULSD#1 is at $1.45, and E-70 priced at $1.42 per gallon.
- Propane prices rose $.02 from last month for a statewide average of $1.08 per gallon.
- Home heating oil was up $.02 from last month, ending with a statewide average of $1.72 per gallon.
- Natural Gas prices rose $.08 at the Henry Hub reporting site and currently priced at $2.65/MMbtu.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!