The price of Natural gas rose 28 cents this week, currently at $2.88/MMbtu.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $3.34 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $44.77.
- Brent crude oil rose $3.59 and currently priced at $47.56.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $58.01 and Brent crude was at $64.67.
- As of Tuesday, November 24, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $1.97 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices fell $.01 from last week’s price and $.43 lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Thursday was $2.11, down $.01 from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa rose $.02 this week with a statewide average of $2.23.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.85 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is $.17 less than the national average of $2.40.
- Wholesale ethanol fell $.01, currently at $1.41.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.19 for U87-E10, $1.29 for Unleaded 87 (clear), ULSD#2 is at $1.42, ULSD#1 is at $1.61, and E-70 priced at $1.39 per gallon.
- Propane prices were steady for a statewide average of $1.11 per gallon.
- Home heating oil was up $.04 from last week, ending with a statewide average of $1.82 per gallon. Natural Gas prices rose $.28 at the Henry Hub reporting site and currently priced at $2.88/MMbtu.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!