Retail diesel prices in Iowa were down 2 cents this week with a statewide average of $3.44.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil fell this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $1.28 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $78.17.
- Brent crude oil rose $.41 and currently priced at $81.84.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $43.06 and Brent crude was at $45.00.
- As of Tuesday, November 23, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $3.17 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices fell 1 cent from last week’s price and $1.22 higher than one year ago.
- The national average on Tuesday was $3.40, down 1 cent from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa were down 2 cents this week with a statewide average of $3.44.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.23 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 20 cents less than the national average of $3.64.
- Wholesale ethanol was steady and is currently priced at $2.21.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $2.26 for U87-E10, $2.30 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $2.35 for ULSD#2, $2.59 for ULSD#1, and $3.20 per gallon for E-70 prices.
- Propane prices fell 3 cents with a statewide average of $1.96 per gallon.
- Home heating oil prices rose 2 cents, with a statewide average of $2.97 per gallon.
- Natural gas prices rose 26 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $5.14/MMbtu.