The price of propane rose $.14 this week, closing at $1.38 per gallon.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil fell this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $.04 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $57.27.
- Brent crude oil fell $.31, and it is currently priced at $62.45.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $55.69 and Brent crude was at $65.45.
- As of Tuesday, November 13, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.44 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices fell $.01 from last week’s price and $.07 lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Tuesday was $2.61, down $.01 from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa held steady at last week’s price with a statewide average of $2.84.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $3.20 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is $.17 less than the national average of $3.01.
- Wholesale ethanol prices increased $.02 from last week’s price, currently at $1.40.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.70 for U87-E10, $1.84 for Unleaded 87 (clear), ULSD#2 is at $2.00, ULSD#1 is at $2.38, and E-70 is priced at $1.65 per gallon.
- Propane prices were up $.14 from last week for a statewide average of $1.38 per gallon.
- Home heating oil rose $.04 from last week, ending with a statewide average of $2.46 per gallon.
- Natural Gas prices fell $.28 at the Henry Hub reporting site and currently priced at $2.58/MMbtu.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!