Week of May 9 fuel and energy report courtesy of the Iowa Department of Agriculture
The price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $4.12 across Iowa according to AAA.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil fell this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $.41 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $105.84.
- Brent crude oil fell $.92 and currently priced at $107.88.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $65.28 and Brent crude was at $68.83.
- As of Wednesday, May 11, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $4.12 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices rose 20 cents from last week’s price and $1.25 higher than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $4.40, up 17 cents from last week’s price.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $3.04 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 25 cents less than the national average of $5.55.
- Natural gas prices fell 73 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $7.59/MMbtu.
- Continuing throughout the summer months, we will only report retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa once a month.
Want more news on this topic? Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!