Wholesale ethanol rose 11 cents and is currently priced at $2.44.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $1.10 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $65.37.
- Brent crude oil rose $1.03 and is currently priced at $68.68.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $23.61 and Brent crude was at $29.46.
- As of Wednesday, May 5, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.80 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices were up 1 cent from last week’s price and $1.22 higher than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $2.93, up 4 cents from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa rose 1 cent this week with a statewide average of $3.02.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.17 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 7 cents less than the national average of $3.09.
- Wholesale ethanol rose 11 cents and is currently priced at $2.44.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $2.07 for U87-E10, $2.28 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $2.12 for ULSD#2, $2.28 for ULSD#1, and $2.42 per gallon for E-70 prices.
- Natural gas prices fell 2 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $2.94/MMbtu.
- Continuing throughout the summer months, we will only report retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa once a month.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!