The average price of gasoline in Iowa rose 7 cents this week, currently at $1.88 per gallon.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $.08 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $33.39.
- Brent crude oil fell $.49 and currently priced at $35.18.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $59.14 and Brent crude was at $70.19.
- As of Wednesday, May 27, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $1.88 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices rose $.07 from last week’s price and $.77 lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $1.96 up $.05 from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa were steady this week with a statewide average of $2.14.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.99 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is $.27 less than the national average of $2.41.
- Wholesale ethanol prices rose $.03, currently at $1.12.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.05 for U87-E10, $1.16 for Unleaded 87 (clear), ULSD#2 is at $.97, ULSD#1 is at $1.12, and E-70 priced at $1.23 per gallon.
- Natural Gas prices rose $.13 at the Henry Hub reporting site and currently priced at $1.91/MMbtu.
- Continuing throughout the summer months, we will only report retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa once a month.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!