Week of May 23 fuel and energy price update courtesy of the Iowa Department of Agriculture
The price of regular unleaded gasoline rose 8 cents, averaging $4.23 across Iowa according to AAA.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $.39 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $110.82.
- Brent crude oil rose $4.66 and currently priced at $114.62.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $66.07 and Brent crude was at $68.80.
- As of Wednesday, May 25, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $4.23 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices rose 8 cents from last week’s price and $1.34 higher than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $4.60, up 3 cents from last week’s price.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $3.05 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 34 cents less than the national average of $5.54.
- Natural gas prices rose 97 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $9.23/MMbtu.
- Continuing throughout the summer months, we will only report retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa once a month.
Want more news on this topic? Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!