Regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.89 across Iowa, up 9 cents from last week.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $.63 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $66.00.
- Brent crude oil rose $.58 and currently priced at $69.26.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $25.78 and Brent crude was at $26.67.
- As of Wednesday, May 12, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.89 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices were up 9 cents from last week’s price and $1.17 higher than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $3.01, up 8 cents from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa rose 3 cents this week with a statewide average of $3.05.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.15 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 9 cents less than the national average of $3.14.
- Wholesale ethanol fell 10 cents and is currently priced at $2.34.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $2.05 for U87-E10, $2.26 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $2.15 for ULSD#2, $2.31 for ULSD#1, and $2.55 per gallon for E-70 prices.
- Natural gas prices rose 3 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $2.97/MMbtu.
- Continuing throughout the summer months, we will only report retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa once a month.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!