The price of heating oil fell 20 cents this week, currently at $1.90 per gallon.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil fell this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $12.76 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $33.42.
- Brent crude oil fell $14.06 and currently priced at $36.26.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $56.79 and Brent crude was at $65.06.
- As of Wednesday, March 11, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.18 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices fell $.07 from last week’s price and $.25 lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Thursday was $2.35 down $.06 from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa fell $.04 this week with a statewide average of $2.60.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.95 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is $.20 less than the national average of $2.80.
- Wholesale ethanol prices fell $.03, currently at $1.24.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.13 for U87-E10, $1.41 for Unleaded 87 (clear), ULSD#2 is at $1.38, ULSD#1 is at $1.50, and E-70 priced at $1.27 per gallon.
- Propane prices fell $.01 with a statewide average of $1.22 per gallon.
- Home heating oil prices fell $.20, with a statewide average of $1.90 per gallon.
- Natural Gas prices rose $.17 at the Henry Hub reporting site and currently priced at $1.95/MMbtu.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!