The average price of gasoline in Iowa fell 13 cents this week, currently at $1.75 per gallon.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil fell this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $3.24 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $20.34.
- Brent crude oil fell $1.81 and currently priced at $25.14.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $61.59 and Brent crude was at $69.08.
- As of Wednesday, April 1, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $1.75 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices fell $.13 from last week’s price and $.85 lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $1.98 down $.11 from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa fell $.07 this week with a statewide average of $2.34.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.95 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is $.26 less than the national average of $2.60.
- Wholesale ethanol prices fell $.05, currently at $0.85.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $0.45 for U87-E10, $0.59 for Unleaded 87 (clear), ULSD#2 is at $1.09, ULSD#1 is at $1.18, and E-70 priced at $.91 per gallon.
- Propane prices fell $.03 with a statewide average of $1.11 per gallon.
- Home heating oil prices fell $.07, with a statewide average of $1.62 per gallon.
- Natural Gas prices fell $.07 at the Henry Hub reporting site and currently priced at $1.60/MMbtu.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!