The average price of gasoline in Iowa fell 12 cents this week, currently at $1.88 per gallon.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $.61 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $23.58.
- Brent crude oil rose $.84 and currently priced at $26.95.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $58.82 and Brent crude was at $67.37.
- As of Wednesday, March 25, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $1.88 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices fell $.12 from last week’s price and $.70 lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Thursday was $2.09 down $.13 from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa fell $.09 this week with a statewide average of $2.41.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.95 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is $.24 less than the national average of $2.65.
- Wholesale ethanol prices fell $.06, currently at $0.90.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $0.44 for U87-E10, $0.63 for Unleaded 87 (clear), ULSD#2 is at $1.17, ULSD#1 is at $1.27, and E-70 priced at $.91 per gallon.
- Propane prices fell $.04 with a statewide average of $1.14 per gallon.
- Home heating oil prices fell $.20, with a statewide average of $1.69 per gallon.
- Natural Gas prices rose $.06 at the Henry Hub reporting site and currently priced at $1.67/MMbtu.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!