The average price of gasoline in Iowa fell 18 cents this week, currently at $2.00 per gallon.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil fell this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $10.45 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $22.97.
- Brent crude oil fell $10.15 and currently priced at $26.11.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $59.73 and Brent crude was at $68.24.
- As of Wednesday, March 18, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.00 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices fell $.18 from last week’s price and $.54 lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Thursday was $2.22 down $.13 from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa fell $.10 this week with a statewide average of $2.50.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.91 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is $.22 less than the national average of $2.72.
- Wholesale ethanol prices fell $.28, currently at $0.96.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $0.67 for U87-E10, $0.92 for Unleaded 87 (clear), ULSD#2 is at $1.12, ULSD#1 is at $1.23, and E-70 priced at $1.04 per gallon.
- Propane prices fell $.04 with a statewide average of $1.18 per gallon.
- Home heating oil prices fell $.01, with a statewide average of $1.89 per gallon.
- Natural Gas prices fell $.34 at the Henry Hub reporting site and currently priced at $1.61/MMbtu.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!