Natural gas prices rose 6 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $3.33/MMbtu.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $.99 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $73.03.
- Brent crude oil rose $.95 and currently priced at $75.18.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $40.37 and Brent crude was at $42.72.
- As of Wednesday, June 23, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.89 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices were up 1 cent from last week’s price and $.84 higher than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $3.07, down 1 cent from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa were up 1 cent this week with a statewide average of $3.06.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.20 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 16 cents less than the national average of $3.22.
- Wholesale ethanol was up 2 cents and is currently priced at $2.48.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $2.12 for U87-E10, $2.36 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $2.23 for ULSD#2, $2.38 for ULSD#1, and $2.42 per gallon for E-70 prices.
- Natural gas prices rose 6 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $3.33/MMbtu.
- Continuing throughout the summer months, we will only report retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa once a month.