Natural gas prices rose 12 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $3.27/MMbtu.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $1.60 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $72.04.
- Brent crude oil rose $1.47 and currently priced at $74.23.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $38.38 and Brent crude was at $40.75.
- As of Wednesday, June 16, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.88 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices were steady from last week’s price and $.84 higher than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $3.08, up 1 cent from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa were down 1 cent this week with a statewide average of $3.05.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.19 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 17 cents less than the national average of $3.22.
- Wholesale ethanol was unchanged and is currently priced at $2.46.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $2.04 for U87-E10, $2.28 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $2.19 for ULSD#2, $2.34 for ULSD#1, and $2.38 per gallon for E-70 prices.
- Natural gas prices rose 12 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $3.27/MMbtu.
- Continuing throughout the summer months, we will only report retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa once a month.