The price of wholesale ethanol dropped $.09 this week, and is currently priced at $1.49 per gallon.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $2.74 per barrel over last week, and is currently priced at $59.71.
- Brent crude oil rose $2.60, and is currently priced at $66.33.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $74.11 and Brent crude was priced at $77.80.
- As of Tuesday, July 9, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.59 across Iowa according to AAA.
- This is the same price as last week and $.16 lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Tuesday was $2.75, $.01 lower than last week’s price.
- Retail diesel fuel prices in Iowa were $.01 higher than last week’s price with a statewide average of $2.89.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $3.10 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is $.11 less than the national average of $3.00
- Wholesale ethanol prices fell $.09 from last week’s price, and is currently priced at $1.49.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.87 for U87-E10, $2.11 for Unleaded 87 (clear), ULSD#2 is at $1.92, ULSD#1 is at $2.24, and E-70 is priced at $1.68 per gallon.
- Natural Gas prices rose $.08 at the Henry Hub reporting site and is currently priced at $2.47/MMbtu.
- Continuing throughout the summer months, we will only report retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa once a month.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!