The price of natural gas rose 26 cents this week, currently at $1.92/MMbtu.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $.02 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $41.35.
- Brent crude oil rose $.07 and currently priced at $43.79.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $56.87 and Brent crude was at $67.52.
- As of Wednesday, July 29, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.07 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices fell $.01 from last week’s price and $.49 lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $2.19, steady from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa remained steady this week with a statewide average of $2.22.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.86 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is $.21 less than the national average of $2.43.
- Wholesale ethanol prices rose $.03, currently at $1.14.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.22 for U87-E10, $1.25 for Unleaded 87 (clear), ULSD#2 is at $1.29, ULSD#1 is at $1.44, and E-70 priced at $1.35 per gallon.
- Natural Gas prices rose $.26 at the Henry Hub reporting site and currently priced at $1.92/MMbtu.
- Continuing throughout the summer months, we will only report retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa once a month.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!