Natural gas prices rose 22 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $2.69/MMbtu.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil fell this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $1.20 per barrel and is currently priced at $52.22.
- Brent crude oil fell $.85 and currently priced at $55.59.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $53.14 and Brent crude was at $58.54.
- As of Wednesday, Jan. 27, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.33 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices were steady from last week’s price and 1 cent lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $2.41, up 2 cents from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa rose 1 cent this week with a statewide average of $2.51.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.82 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 13 cents less than the national average of $2.64.
- Wholesale ethanol fell 10 cents, currently at $1.53.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.54 for U87-E10, $1.69 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $1.69 for ULSD#2 and $1.79 for ULSD#1. E-70 is priced at $1.63 per gallon.
- Propane prices were down 2 cents with a statewide average of $1.48 per gallon.
- Home heating oil rose 1 cent from last week, ending with a statewide average of $2.14 per gallon.
- Natural gas prices rose 22 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $2.69/MMbtu.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!