The price of natural gas fell $.23 this week, currently at $1.91/MMbtu.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil fell this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $.61 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $56.93.
- Brent crude oil fell $.40 and is currently priced at $63.35.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $52.57 and Brent crude was at $60.90.
- As of Wednesday, Jan. 22, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.35 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices fell $.03 from last week’s price and $.30 higher than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $2.54 down $.03 from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa fell $.02 this week with a statewide average of $2.85.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.69 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is $.14 less than the national average of $2.99.
- Wholesale ethanol prices fell $.02, currently at $1.33.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.67 for U87-E10, $1.87 for Unleaded 87 (clear), ULSD#2 is at $1.84, ULSD#1 is at $2.08, and E-70 is priced at $1.45 per gallon.
- Propane prices fell $.03 for a statewide average of $1.28 per gallon.
- Home heating oil prices fell $.11, with a statewide average of $2.33 per gallon.
- Natural Gas prices fell $.23 at the Henry Hub reporting site and currently priced at $1.91/MMbtu.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!