Regular unleaded gasoline prices across Iowa rose $.07, averaging $2.27.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $2.73 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $53.18.
- Brent crude oil rose $1.96 and currently priced at $56.32.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $58.08 and Brent crude was at $64.14.
- As of Wednesday, January 13, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.27 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices were up $.07 from last week’s price and $.11 lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $2.35, up $.08 from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa rose $.03 this week with a statewide average of $2.49.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.86 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is $.12 less than the national average of $2.61.
- Wholesale ethanol rose $.03, currently at $1.52.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.52 for U87-E10, $1.64 for Unleaded 87 (clear), ULSD#2 is at $1.68, ULSD#1 is at $1.79, and E-70 priced at $1.63 per gallon.
- Propane prices were up $.07 with a statewide average of $1.29 per gallon.
- Home heating oil rose $.07 from last week, ending with a statewide average of $2.09 per gallon.
- Natural Gas prices rose $.07 at the Henry Hub reporting site and currently priced at $2.80/MMbtu.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!