Average unleaded gasoline prices rose 7 cents across Iowa and are currently priced at $2.41.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $2.51 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $58.64.
- Brent crude oil rose $2.76 and currently priced at $61.52.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $49.57 and Brent crude was at $58.39.
- As of Wednesday, Feb. 10, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.41 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices were up 7 cents from last week’s price and 19 cents higher than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $2.48, up 5 cents from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa rose 8 cents this week with a statewide average of $2.61.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.70 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 10 cents less than the national average of $2.71.
- Wholesale ethanol rose 7 cents and is currently priced at $1.71.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.66 for U87-E10, $1.85 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $1.85 for ULSD#2, $1.99 for ULSD#1, and $1.73 per gallon for E-70 priced.
- Propane prices held steady with a statewide average of $1.46 per gallon.
- Home heating oil rose 6 cents from last week, ending with a statewide average of $2.23 per gallon.
- Natural gas prices rose 10 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $2.89/MMbtu.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!