The price of natural gas fell 23 cents this week, currently at $1.74 per MMbtu.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil fell this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $6.18 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $46.81.
- Brent crude oil fell $7.03 and currently priced at $51.84.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $56.94 and Brent crude was at $65.55.
- As of Thursday, February 27, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.33 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices rose $.05 from last week’s price and $.01 lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Thursday was $2.47 up $.02 from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa fell $.01 this week with a statewide average of $2.68.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.87 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is $.19 less than the national average of $2.87.
- Wholesale ethanol prices fell $.10, currently at $1.26.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.63 for U87-E10, $1.86 for Unleaded 87 (clear), ULSD#2 is at $1.70, ULSD#1 is at $1.90, and E-70 priced at $1.48 per gallon.
- Propane prices were steady with a statewide average of $1.24 per gallon.
- Home heating oil prices fell $.02, with a statewide average of $2.19 per gallon.
- Natural Gas prices fell $.23 at the Henry Hub reporting site and currently priced at $1.74/MMbtu.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!