The price of natural gas rose 13 cents this week, currently at $1.97 per MMbtu.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $1.15 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $52.99.
- Brent crude oil rose $2.33 and is currently priced at $58.87.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $56.09 and Brent crude was at $65.86.
- As of Wednesday, February 19, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.28 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices rose $.05 from last week’s price and $.06 higher than one year ago.
- The national average on Thursday was $2.45 up $.02 from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa fell $.01 this week with a statewide average of $2.69.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.79 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is $.19 less than the national average of $2.88.
- Wholesale ethanol prices rose $.02, currently at $1.36.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.63 for U87-E10, $1.84 for Unleaded 87 (clear), ULSD#2 is at $1.75, ULSD#1 is at $1.96, and E-70 is priced at $1.49 per gallon.
- Propane prices were steady with a statewide average of $1.26 per gallon.
- Home heating oil prices rose $.05, with a statewide average of $2.21 per gallon.
- Natural Gas prices rose $.13 at the Henry Hub reporting site and currently priced at $1.97/MMbtu.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!