Average unleaded gasoline prices rose 8 cents across Iowa and are currently priced at $2.49.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $1.73 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $60.37.
- Brent crude oil rose $2.27 and currently priced at $63.79.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $52.05 and Brent crude was at $57.83.
- As of Wednesday, Feb. 17, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.49 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices were up 8 cents from last week’s price and 22 cents higher than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $2.54, up 6 cents from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa rose 8 cents this week with a statewide average of $2.69.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.68 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 10 cents less than the national average of $2.79.
- Wholesale ethanol fell 2 cents and is currently priced at $1.69.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.80 for U87-E10, $1.99 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $1.94 for ULSD#2, $2.19 for ULSD#1, and $1.81 per gallon for E-70 prices.
- Propane prices rose 28 cents with a statewide average of $1.74 per gallon.
- Home heating oil rose 9 cents from last week, ending with a statewide average of $2.32 per gallon.
- Natural gas prices rose 21 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $3.10/MMbtu.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!