The price of natural gas fell $.12 this week, closing at $2.39 per MMbtu.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $.36 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $58.24.
- Brent crude oil fell $.79 and is currently priced at $63.07.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $53.25 and Brent crude was at $61.22.
- As of Tuesday, December 3, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.38 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices fell $.01 from last week’s price and $.20 higher than one year ago.
- The national average on Tuesday was $2.60, up $.01 from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa remained steady this week with a statewide average of $2.86.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.98 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is $.15 less than the national average of $3.01.
- Wholesale ethanol prices decreased $.01 from last week’s price, currently at $1.36.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.61 for U87-E10, $1.70 for Unleaded 87 (clear), ULSD#2 is at $1.92, ULSD#1 is at $2.33, and E-70 is priced at $1.64 per gallon.
- Propane prices remained steady for a statewide average of $1.50 per gallon. Home heating oil prices fell $.05, ending with a statewide average of $2.42 per gallon. Natural Gas prices fell $.12 at the Henry Hub reporting site and currently priced at $2.39/MMbtu.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!