The price of wholesale ethanol rose $.09 this week, closing at $1.35 per gallon.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $.90 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $55.97.
- Brent crude oil rose $1.22, and it is currently priced at $60.53.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $67.35 and Brent crude was at $71.65.
- As of Tuesday, August 20, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.47 across Iowa according to AAA.
- This is $.02 lower than last week and $.15 lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Tuesday was $2.60, $.04 lower than last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa were $.02 lower than last week’s price with a statewide average of $2.80.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $3.07 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is $.15 less than the national average of $2.95.
- Wholesale ethanol prices rose $.09 from last week’s price, currently at $1.35.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.68 for U87-E10, $1.85 for Unleaded 87 (clear), ULSD#2 is at $1.88, ULSD#1 is at $2.18, and E-70 is priced at $1.53 per gallon.
- Natural Gas prices rose $.02 at the Henry Hub reporting site and currently priced at $2.17/MMbtu.
- Continuing throughout the summer months, we will only report retail-heating oil and propane prices in Iowa once a month.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!