The price of ethanol rose 12 cents this week, currently at $1.23.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil fell this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $.63 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $42.52.
- Brent crude oil fell $.55 and currently priced at $45.34.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $54.93 and Brent crude was at $59.32.
- As of Wednesday, August 12, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.04 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices fell $.02 from last week’s price and $.45 lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $2.18, steady from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa rose $.01 this week with a statewide average of $2.22.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.82 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is $.21 less than the national average of $2.43.
- Wholesale ethanol prices rose $.12, currently at $1.23.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.23 for U87-E10, $1.34 for Unleaded 87 (clear), ULSD#2 is at $1.29, ULSD#1 is at $1.46, and E-70 priced at $1.30 per gallon.
- Natural Gas prices fell $.09 at the Henry Hub reporting site and currently priced at $2.12/MMbtu.
- Continuing throughout the summer months, we will only report retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa once a month.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!