Natural gas prices fell 9 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $2.52/MMbtu.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil fell this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $2.66 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $58.26.
- Brent crude oil fell $2.18 and currently priced at $61.75.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $23.63 and Brent crude was at $22.10.
- As of Wednesday, April 7, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.79 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices were up 1 cent from last week’s price and $1.14 higher than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $2.87, steady from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa fell 3 cents this week with a statewide average of $3.04.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.30 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 5 cents less than the national average of $3.09.
- Wholesale ethanol fell 4 cents and is currently priced at $1.85.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.93 for U87-E10, $2.15 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $1.94 for ULSD#2, $2.09 for ULSD#1, and $2.00 per gallon for E-70 prices.
- Natural gas prices fell 9 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $2.52/MMbtu.
- Continuing throughout the summer months, we will only report retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa once a month.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!